Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Introduction

Hello to everyone,
 
I would like to take this time to tell you a little about myself and the major focus of what I will be writing.  First of all I will be building on what Kelly Madison has written and will be revisiting some of her writings when it is appropriate.  I will continue, as Kelly did, in basing my writing on quotes from the Bible.  If you are going to write about the Bible, it should be your primary source of information.

Also, I am a firm believer in Christian education.  We hear again and again that if you want a good job, you need to get the best education that you can get.  This holds true for religion also.  I have an acquaintance who is an atheist and he knows more about the Bible than most Christians I know.  Unfortunately, he uses his knowledge against the Bible and always makes the Christians he is talking to angry, because they don't know what he is talking about and, as a result, can't hold their ground.  He ends up appearing to win and the other person is left angry and confused.  The only way to stop this is for Christians to learn what the Bible is telling them.  This is why you will frequently hear me say that you must study and read.  Learn all that you can about religion.  There are many good books and Bible studies out there and don't be afraid to question and even challenge your pastor, if you don't understand or disagree with what he/she says.  I am going to close with 2 Bible passages that tell what God teaches about acquiring knowledge.

Proverbs 8:10-11 - Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies.

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment